Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Shame


I have come across a lot of people who are tormented by the monstrous effects of sexual abuse.  It affects their marriages, their relationships, their self worth, their every day living.   I wrote this poem for them. As they get into God's presence, healing will come. It is a process to walk out, but don't lose hope.  One cannot be so full of the Healer Himself and still carry the guilt and shame of the past... 

Turn away
Hide your face
Disgusted by
His embrace

Dirty, used
Lack of worth
Filthy memories
Rebirthed

Flood of guilt
From the past
How long will
This torment last?

My very presence
Is your need
It’s with Me
You’ll be freed

In drawing close
Worth is found
Hope of a life
No longer bound

Release to Me
The inner pain
I’ll strip away
The cloak of shame

Wash you clean
Erase the lies
To see yourself
Thru My eyes

 

1 comment:

  1. One of the most powerful poems and story I've ever read or experienced... what a blessing to you are. thank you for sharing this...

    ReplyDelete