Friday, February 18, 2011

Peace



Written for those who have endured emotional or verbal abuse… I know the battle that rages, and I understand the roller coaster that you can’t seem to walk away from.  It may not leave outward bruises and scars, but the inward “soul scarring” is a pain that doesn’t just go away with a band-aid and time.

Only the One who made us can restore us back to wholeness.  In the midst of your raging storm, I pray you look to Him ~ where your release and your peace is found.

Peace
Crashing waves
Bruise my shore
Howling winds
Blow in once more

Torrential rains
Pelt my skin
Lightning bolts
Come again

Turbulent waters
Staggered stance
Cycle repeated
In this dying dance

Trembling knees
Strike the ground
Eyes glance up
To where help is found

An instant hush
The storm to cease
All at once
A soul at peace…

1 comment: