Saturday, February 5, 2011

Heaven's Gift



Written for my precious nephew, Levi, for his baby dedication...

They knew they were ready
For Me to give a child
Neither of them ever thought
They’d come to face such a trial

Doctor reports changed daily
Their hope at times felt crushed
The unknown was just so painful
They loved you so very much


Friends and family stood by them
I heard each one of them pray
The joy was unexplainable
When they found out you’d be okay

 Your mom and dad were honored
That I’d entrust to their care
A precious gift ~ your priceless soul
Your life for us to share

This is a special morning
Before Me, a vow was made
To teach you of My wondrous love
And the matchless price I paid

Your parents commit to lead you
Guiding you to hear My will
When life throws choices at you
I’m the only One who can fulfill

Levi, one day in your future
Looking back you will see
The impact of those who loved you
Because it led you here to Me…


2 comments:

  1. This was such a wonderful gift for Levi's dedication! Your words will forever be a reminder of the precious gift God has given us, and the tremendous responsibility we have to raise him as a God fearing man. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I'm so excited to watch Levi grow into that God fearing man! So proud of you and Sasha raising him in the Truth!! Love you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete