Thursday, February 17, 2011

Past Does Not Define You


We live in a fallen world.  Bad things happen.  Unspeakable things happen to innocent children. Tragedy sometimes hits unexpectedly.  Though God does not cause these things to happen, He WILL turn it around for the good to those that love Him (Romans 8:28).
You ARE NOT what has happened to you.  Your past experiences, whether they be things people have done to you or bad choices you have made, DO NOT define you.  You may live with scars from healed wounds of the past, but they will all work into God’s perfect plan for you.  Nothing you’ve experienced changes the fact that God has a plan for your life.   Your scars become your testimony.   And through YOUR testimony, many others will be set free.
The enemy has kept you chained to your past to keep you from moving forward with God.  It’s time to shake loose from the shackles and quit seeing yourself by the mirror of your past. 
“Faith is having confidence that God will take other's bad choices that affect me, as well as my own, and use them for my ultimate good.”

2 comments:

  1. We can all be thankful our past does not define us... wow... who could stand? None. Thanks for this reminder ... so well done. :) So thankful for your talent, writing, heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil 3:13-14 ... Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. ... did you catch that? Forget...Reach ... Press... Jeremiah 31:3 ... “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness."... Micah 7:18-19 Where are your past sins? Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy.

    “For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.” Hebrews 8:12

    ReplyDelete