Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Physician's Prayer



I was inspired to write this poem while my precious baby girl, Alyssa, was in the hospital. Though it was very difficult see her there for 5 long months, God was faithful! We serve the One, True God who sustains and strengthens all who call upon His name. We daily spoke and stood upon the promises that are laid out for us in the Word of God. Though it tried to grasp us on numerous occasions, we refused to bow down to fear. We trusted God at His Word, and we believe that is why Alyssa is now home with us today---happy, healthy and whole!

Though you may not be facing the trial of a loved one in the hospital, I pray that this poem would minister to you in some way. May you realize that you can lay all of your burdens, cares and hurts before God and know that He is concerned with all that you are facing today. He loves you so much.

Lord, take this little child
the one placed in my care
I've done all I know to do
and it isn't getting anywhere.

O Father, won't You intervene?
It's getting so hard to cope
His lifeless body is growing worse
and his parents are losing hope.

Human wisdom won't save him
it's beyond the ability of man
I stand in the gap for this child
I ask for Your healing hand.

I gladly welcome a miracle
or grant me wisdom from above
Guide me in any procedures
if this be the way the healing will come.

I trust that You are moving
that my prayer has been heard
For I know it's always Your will to heal
as revealed in Your Word.

May all know it was Your loving touch
that pulled this child through
I seek no glory for myself
I'm just the vessel that You used.

No comments:

Post a Comment