Monday, March 26, 2018

Easter Story

Image result for jesus on the cross passion of the christ
 
Twelve men left all and followed Him
Miracles they had seen
They watched Him heal all who were sick
Those with unclean spirits were made clean

But one follower named Judas Iscariot
Betrayed Him with a kiss
Handed Him over to the chief priests
To be scourged and put to death

He was mocked by those that held Him
“So tell us, are You the Christ?”
“You wouldn’t believe Me if I told you,” He said
For they accused Him of speaking lies

“Are you the Son of God?” they stammered
He responded, “Yes, I am He”
Accusations of blasphemy filled the land
An act deserving the death penalty

They all condemned Him to be put to death
As they struck Him and spit in His face
Even one of His disciples whom He loved very much
Denied ever seeing His face

Carrying Him away; they delivered Him to Pilate
“Are you the King of the Jews?” Pilate sneered
“You say rightly that I am a King,” Jesus said
“But My kingdom is not from here.”

Jesus, the Christ, and Barabbas, a murderer
Stood before the multitude
By custom one prisoner could be released
The one whom the people choose

“Away with this Man; release to us Barabbas,”
Insistently the people cried
“Then what shall I do with Jesus, the Christ?”
They shouted, “Let Him be crucified.”

A purple robe they placed on His body
A crown of thorns twisted on His head
“Hail, King of the Jews,” they mocked
As blood streamed from His head

His back took brutal beatings
His head they struck with a rod
Spitting into His face they scorned
“Save Yourself if You’re the Son of God!”

He didn’t fight back to prove who He was
For He knew His hour had arrived
To fulfill the very purpose for why He had come
For a lost people He would have to die

As they drove the cold nails in His hands and feet
His body exposed for all to view
Jesus cried, “Father, forgive them”
“For they know not what they do.”

Blasphemous words echoed throughout
Gross darkness encamped the land
And with His last breath He shouted aloud
“Father, I commit My spirit into Your hands.”

On the third day since His burial
An angel descended from Heaven
The earth quaked; the stone rolled away
The tomb was empty, for Jesus had risen

Two women mourned nearby the tomb
For they thought His body had been stole
The angel approached them and declared
“Rejoice, for He has arose!”

Quickly they fled to tell the disciples
Their hearts filled with great joy and fear
Some of them rejoiced while others doubted
And then in their midst Jesus appeared

They fell at His feet and worshipped
As He blessed them with His hands
“Go into all the world and tell them of Me,
I won’t be back ‘til it’s reached every land.”

“Remember you're not of this world
If you've received Me as your Lord
Be not like the world; keep from all evil
So that you may receive the final reward.”

“It’s time for Me to leave now,
You must carry out My ministry
I give you the authority to be My hands and feet
With My name you’ll set many free.”

“For it won’t be long before I return
For those who live for Me
They are who I will take as My bride
To Heaven for eternity.”

“Keep watch for the hour is so near
Be prepared to meet Me again
For in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye
As I am now, I will appear again.”
-etb

 
Image result for love defined quotes christ died

No comments:

Post a Comment