Saturday, April 28, 2018

Transparency

 
 
 
Why is it that you hide from Me
As if I do not see?
Why do you remain silent
When your very thoughts I read?

You want to feel My presence
But you can’t see past the walls
that hardness of heart built over the years
When will they ever fall?

I need you to be transparent
Speak to Me what you feel
If you want to build a relationship
You have to be real

I’m not looking for fancy speeches
Don’t waste time trying to impress
I just need you to begin to speak to Me
And allow the Holy Spirit to do the rest

Share with Me your struggles
No matter how shameful they may be
I already know the temptations you face
I’m the One to set you free

You fear the thought of surrender
Afraid I will strip everything from you
Do you really think I will do you harm?
I only want what is best for you

There’s freedom in your surrender
Time to give up the fight
Your heart will never find the rest it needs
Until you and I are right

Be open to Me – and be transparent
No more excuses to not even try
I can see you snuggled behind your “comfortable” walls
So why even try and hide?
 
-etb

No comments:

Post a Comment