Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Alyssa Grace



Lord, I thank You for entrusting Alyssa into my hands - to care for her, to raise her to know You, to learn to hear Your voice, to one day return back to You.  I ask for Your  help, Your guidance, Your wisdom. I want to present You with a daughter one day that has made You proud with her life.  I pray for protection and long life for Alyssa. May Your hand of blessing and favor follow her everywhere she goes.  I commit her once again to You - that she would live a life unashamed of You - a life recklessly abandoned to Your will...

I loved you the moment
I knew you were on your way
Such anticipation I had
For your arrival day

Great plans for your life
I held deep in my heart
Never thought for a moment
You’d have such a rough start

You were such a fighter
So little - yet so strong
I watched my baby endure
Five months way too long

Now it’s 14 years later
I’m so proud of you
You’ve faced so much
But God carried you through

I look at you now
Your smiling, happy face
I’m so blessed to have you
My sweet, Alyssa Grace

Happy 14th birthday, Alyssa!   You are such a beautiful, fun, and loving daughter. Thank you for always giving me a reason to smile. I'm so proud of you and I love you deeply.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment