Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Our Commitment



"Choose this day Whom you will serve....but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."  Joshua 24:15

We know that at the moment we became a Christian we made the decision to gives our lives to the Lord.  However, it is so easy to get stuck in the "trap" of a life where we lose our sight...our spiritual sight of why we are even here on this earth; what our purpose as a Christian really means.

While in a time of prayer and worship, a desire to write a family commitment to the Lord welled up inside of my spirit.  So I began to write.  There’s just something about writing it down.   It's like making plans for the day with things you wish to accomplish.  Once you make a checklist of those things, you come face to face with a feeling of obligation to do that which you have set in your heart to do. It’s becoming accountable to your goals.

So I wrote and I cried as I shared my innermost thoughts with the Lord.  In that moment, I made a written commitment not only for myself but also for my family.  I want to encourage you to make a written declaration to the Lord...to commit your life to His will.  You'll be amazed by the peace that will engulf you as you affirm to Him, "As for me and my house, we WILL serve the Lord."

Our Commitment


Looking at our life, what an impact You have made
Delivering us from a life of hopelessness, a life of defeat
May we never ever lose sight of that

It’s so easy
So convenient
To turn away to the flavor of the world
But this day we choose…
We choose to be separated unto You
We accept the position as ambassadors
Your representatives to everyone we come in contact with
We refuse to live a life that portrays You as anything less than the Truth

Wherever You lead us we will go
You’re plan alone is the reason we exist
May our desires always line up with Yours
That we would be ONE with You and Your will

The call is great…
Beyond our comprehension
The number of lives You’ll touch through us we may never know
We do know that to seize this call, there is a price
But with Your love
Your strength
We can and will do all that You’ve called us to do
We commit our lives into Your hands.

When our mission here on earth is complete
May You be well pleased
By the glory that we brought to Your name…

No comments:

Post a Comment