Monday, July 23, 2018

Heaven's Will and Earth Collide




What is it that stopped Jesus in His tracks to tend to Bartimaeus' need in Luke 18:35-43? 

Here's a man who thought money or goods were his greatest need as he sat on the road begging that day.  That is until he overhears that Jesus is passing by.   Something stirs within him.  His spirit leaps when he hears that the Man of Compassion is in his midst.   Faith arises.  Bartimaeus becomes desperate to receive more than what a fallen world had dealt him.   He becomes bold.   He pushes past the fear of men; men, who had sight, yet were blind to what his soul was reaching for.   He refuses to keep silent.   He no longer accepts “the bad report,” but to trust in the Name above all names. 
 
Heaven’s will and earth collided that day.  Bartimaeus walked away with far more than eyes that could see, but a life changing encounter with Love Himself.  
 
 
Begging for what I thought
To be life’s greatest need
Until Love’s presence passed me by
And my soul cried to be freed
 
Refusing to keep quiet
A heart in desperate plea
To reach the ears of Messiah
Simple words - that I believe
 
Unashamed persistence
Abandoned fear of man
Confident pursuit in the One
Who holds my need in His hands

Relentless in pursuit
Crying out all the more
The King of Glory turns to me
“What is it your soul longs for?”
 
Simple faith and confidence
Stopped Mercy in His tracks
Healing my sight to fully see
True Love move on my behalf
 
-etb

No comments:

Post a Comment