Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Worship

 
 
 
"You've been married FIVE times, are living with a man, and engaging in sex before marriage." 
 
Words of condemnation?  Was this Jesus' way of telling the woman she was unclean and needed to repent? OR were these words of compassion spoken from Love Himself?  He knew her.  He knew her past.  He knew her pain.  He knew her present.   At that very moment Jesus became the face of the Father that loves us no matter how stained and soiled we are.    Right smack dab in the middle of her mess, He initiates a relationship with her. 
 
This woman knew all about religion and the law.  I am sure her family taught her all  the rules and traditions of what "worship" was to look like.  Yet her heart still ached.  There was a void that wasn't being filled by knowing all the right things to say and do.  She probably mastered the "art" of appearing religious while maintaining a hidden lifestyle.   She grew to understand that acceptance and love are only given when you act a certain way, maintain a certain look.  And yet Jesus comes along and shows her another way.  He didn't want her "punch in the time clock" worship of singing a few songs at church, learning the right Christian lingo, speaking properly and politely, standing up straight...   He wanted to show her that worship is about Him having all of her and her having all of Him.  True worship is birthed out of relationship. 
 
He says, "I want you to understand My heart toward you.  I want you to know that I love you regardless of yourself.  I know all of your weaknesses and sin struggles and I still love you.  I already know that apart from My Spirit you cannot fix it yourself.  It  is out of a love relationship with Me where your true freedom is found.  Stop trying.  Stop beating yourself up because you keep messing up.  The more you drink of  My life giving water, you will learn how to just be.  It won't be striving anymore for you.  The only "doing" you need is to stay close to Me.   Staying close to Me is what worship is all about.  As I pour into you, who I've created you to be will come out naturally."
 
 
Drawing from a source


That is only temporary


A thirst never quenched


Issues only buried


 
A desire that is craved


But you never truly get


No matter how much you have


The need is never met



Come see what I have to offer


You will never again thirst


It will become a well within you


In which eternal life is birthed


 
If I told you all your secrets


And counted your failed tries


Would you draw from My well


Where you’ll finally be satisfied?


(John 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment