Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fatherless

 
 
 
Alone and abandoned; the smiles you fake

He brought you into this world, but you feel you’re a mistake

Can’t recall when he last held you or was ever truly there

Emotionally he’s absent; he seems to never care

You strive for his approval; long for his concern

He lets you down as always; you wonder when you’ll learn

Nails of sadness pierce your heart---day after day

You feel forsaken…you hope it will change

 
I can see the emptiness---with you I have cried

I understand the loneliness of being denied

I share in the pain of being forsaken

I relate with the nails and the abuse you have taken

 
I want to carry every burden that is weighing you down

I want to give you hope and a smile for your frown

I want to assure you, you are here for a reason

These sorrowful times are only for a season

 
You felt you were fatherless, but your real daddy is Me

For I’m the one who formed you before you ever came to be

I have great plans for you…I’ll mend your broken heart

If you give your life to Me, I will never depart

 
Sweet child, I love you---more than you can understand

Despite your brokenness, please trust Me and take My hand

I’ll lead you down the path of Truth that will surely make you free

No matter what comes down that road, you can always count on Me

 
Though trials come into your life, and it seems there is no way

There is a peace I have for you---to get you through each day

Please don’t listen to the lies you hear---that your life is not worth while

For I don’t regret creating you…I’m proud that you’re My child

No comments:

Post a Comment