Friday, April 13, 2012

The Crown


Create in me a clean heart
Make me more like You
Help me walk obediently
Down the path You choose

You’ve made me in Your image
Please change me day by day
I am the clay within Your hands
Do with me what You may

You encourage me to persevere
When my enemies arise
Reminding me You’re always here
Help me focus on the prize

Rid me of myself, Lord
Fill me with Your Spirit
Don’t want to walk in my own strength
For I know I’ll never make it

Faithfully You take me back
When I stray from Your will
Help me focus on the plans
You want me to fulfill

You promise me a crown of life
If I love You and endure the test
I need Your strength so I can stand
I want to give my best

I don’t want to disappoint You
Never want to let You down
Lord, I want to please You
So I’m worthy of the crown

4/27/2000


No comments:

Post a Comment