Sunday, May 15, 2011

Draw Me Away


Let me hear Your voice
For Your voice is so sweet
I’m yearning inside
To hear You speak

I know it brings you pleasure
When I’m seeking after You
Lord, draw me away
And I’ll keep running after You

Fascinated by You
Consumed by Your love
Draw me away, Lord
Draw me away

I won’t give up this chase
The yearning is too great
I’ll keep running after You
I long for Your embrace

Life is challenging.  Circumstances leave us feeling drained.  Emotions we wrestle with are exhausting. 

There just comes a time when we just have to retreat to our secret place; our safe place; the place where we can lay all of our burdens on the One who cares, who understands, who has firsthand felt and bore our pains. 

Oftentimes when I am feeling the weight of life, I feel Him drawing me away with a silent, yet very real tug on my heart.  Other times I experience an empty, hollow feeling. An emptiness that will only be filled if I chase and pursue Him.  It brings Him pleasure to be desired, to be sought after, to hear our heart's cry in desperate need for His touch, His voice.  In that pursuit, rest for our soul is found.

"As the deer pants and longs for the water brooks, so I pant and long for You, O God. My inner self thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and behold the face of God? My tears have been my food day and night, while men say to me all day long, Where is your God? My heart is breaking as I remember how it used to be:  I walked among the crowds of worshipers, leading a great procession to the house of God, singing for joy and giving thanks amid the sound of a great celebration! Why am I discouraged? And why are you so sad, oh my inner self? Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, my Help and my God." Psalm 42:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment